perjantai 26. kesäkuuta 2015

Sami - A Reminder of Home

The weekend had left me exhausted, but still it felt nice to get back to school after a total of five days of being elsewhere. The curriculum seemed quite clear as well. How ever, the exhaustion along with the new tasks left me at disarray, and during the entirety of Monday I got nothing done. Texturing is the current task at hand, and I have yet to grasp good methods. Later on I started feeling a bit weary and my throat was sore.
Our local friend from the weekend had informed me that I should ask one of our team mates about places to go, and now it's certain that more money will burn if I do go to a journey with her for art books.
All in all I've felt rather useless this week since I've been struck by weakness. Guess it could be some kind of flu. Must fight through it in order to go to Grand Prix. I haven't gotten much done with the project to my own shame because of this, and it has been stressful. Getting the hang of a good workflow has been an issue too. Although I am starting to understand good approaches for Diffuse and Normal maps when texturing. Well, at least I haven't been a complete waste of space due to the concepts I made which are being realized. And now my task mostly consists of making modular dirt.
Friday arrived, and due to the schedule regarding Grand Prix, I wasn't sure if I could keep my word to the merchant at CharaExpo if not today. Thus I gathered a party to travel to the promised land. I shall provide images later, as we will take it upon ourselves to return. There were two additional stores with similar wares right next to the one we went to but didn't have time to see the everything that was available. Albeit I did succeed in my quest, and it was the last figurine of that character that they had. I would be pleased to take my business there again. Assimilation seems to be taking place.
Browsing through the displays took me some time even if I settled for one purchase alone. We decided to leave at the closing hours and hunger took over. I spotted a poltry meal restaurant named KFC and half of our group settled with that choice while the other went for Subway. Weird enough, amidst the chicken-filled meal there was a small portion of something that reminded me of home: a small container of mashed potatoes with brown sauce. The sauce even had a slightly oversaturated taste of black pepper, just how I made it back home. To imagine that I would encounter something like that in a place that is known in, but still hasn't reached my homeland. The returning trek home took its toll as we went by to get groceries, so I would turn all that unhealthy energy into concentrated salt that pushed it's way out through the pores on my skin.
Grand Prix approaches.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti