sunnuntai 12. heinäkuuta 2015

Sami - An Underground Guild

Over the course of the week we went through another presentation about our current situation on our project. To put it bluntly, a lot of work needs to be done. I got the task of working on the user interface, and the placeholders did not fit at all. A new version is in order and I am working on that. There's also the awaiting tasks of texturing which mean I'll need to get back to the dirt. Getting the UI to a good status is a little difficult since there's still decisions to be made about it and there's a bit of difficulty when it comes to communication.

The week's off-project time brought it's own delights. Teo, an engineer from our flat and from another project group invited me to have lunch with his team. Aleksi and Toni would also join us. A warning was shared: We'd need more than an hour for lunch. I saw no issue with this, I'd just work overtime.
I was lead to a neighboring school campus, a short stroll away. There a local friend of Teo (not the same as the person who got us to try durian) was picking a place for us to go, and seemed to have an idea after doubting his first spotted culinary sanctuary. We entered a place that upon first observation seemed strange to me. All the tables had metal plating on the middle and some sort of smoke flue hanging over them. Our local guide would do the talking and in a moment I learned what this place was about:
It was a type of all-you-can-eat restaurant, and the buffet table had all kinds of goods: Salads, vegetables, sauces, fish, prawn, squid, chicken, pork, beef... One thing though: the meat was all raw. We would go grab as much as we can and take a seat to a table, and the metal plate revealed a grill on the middle. We would cook all these marinated goods ourselves.
This was excellent all in all. This was another take back to how I'd spend some of the summer in Finland. The difference here being that we were indoors. Plus we didn't pay much for it thanks to our local friend's charitable nature. We spent a good one and a half hours there, filling ourselves up. A thought kept coming up to me: It's a shame this would never work in Finland. Would be nice to see something like this though. Maybe there is and I've been living under the rock residing under a bigger rock.

As was mentioned before by Teemu, we had something else this weeks as well. On a later day, Teemu and Toni informed me that there would be another event where wizards would test their strength: MTG Origins prerelease. We set off to the wilderness where this gathering would happen, and the trek was long. We walked endlessly in the wild forest as earlier conquerors looked down upon us from their trees of glass and metal. I was at the rear as the slowest member of the group, and I had to keep up my pace. We faced a stray canine beast, but after it realized it was outnumbered, it backed away. Might have also been the fact that I reeked of death at this point.
We walked for one and a half hours to reach our goal. We saw a large building of stone, and set off to find the entrance to the guild entrance. I was drenched and feared it would pose an issue, but we found that our goal stood under the building, in a carved cave which already smelled of past duels between wizards. Thus I would fit right in.
The event begun at midnight, and the battles seemed to be in my favor at start, but it soon dawned upon me that my provided spells would prove to be futile towards the end.
As the trek back would've been horrid at four o'clock in the morning, we decided to hail a magical carpet that would fly us home for a fee.
Sadly I was too tired to join a later adventure that weekend, but there'll certainly be another chance another day.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti